Specializing In The Development & Deployment Of
- WordPress Themes & Plugins
- Laravel Applications
- REST APIs & SPAs
I'm Alex Ciarlillo and I have a passion for all things computing - from the Linux kernel to the latest JS frameworks and everything in between. I graduated in 2008 with a Bachelor's degree in Computer Science from Ohio University. Since then I have been working for the Ohio University Library developing WordPress based web sites and Laravel web applications for patrons and library staff.
My hobbies include kayak fishing, PC gaming and home automation projects.
Here are some personal projects in various states of completeness. Documentation may be lacking in some cases. These projects are where I tinker and try out new ideas. This is just a few of my projects, please see my Github for a more complete picture.
MFL League Site
A site for integrating with MFL fantasy league sites to fetch team standings. Uses a custom auth provider to log user's in via the MFL API.
A Discord bot to play intro music when you enter a channel.
A SPA for finding what Steam games you have in common with your friends
Full stack developer with 8+ years of experience in a diverse academic environment, serving a wide variety of users. Excellent written and verbal communication. Have a Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science.
Ohio University Libraries - Analyst/Web Developer
June 2008 - September 2017
- Primary responsibilities include the development and maintenance of various websites to support the libraries’ online presence. Sites were primarily developed in WordPress or Laravel in a LAMP environment.
- Developed WordPress plugins and themes to add unique features and consume vendor APIs across various sites.
- Developed staff-facing intranet sites to improve customer support workflows.
- Managed packages and Apache configurations across multiple RHEL5/6 servers.
- Developed custom deployment processes using Ansible and Composer.
- Secondary responsibilities focused on integrating and troubleshooting various vendor applications and systems that are crucial to the operation of an academic library.
- Integration of vendor products with existing campus-wide SSO technologies.
- Management of a web proxy for student and faculty access to IP restricted materials.
Ohio University — Student IT Analyst
September 2006 - June 2008
- Developed Ruby scripts to retrieve reports from Blackboard Transaction and MICROS Point of Sale systems.
- Enhanced and maintained scripts for processing and transferring client data to vendors via FTP and SSH.
Ohio University — Athens, OH — B.S., Computer Science
September 2004 - June 2008
- Software Design & Engineering
- Operating Systems & Architecture
- Parallel Computing
- Java GUI Development
- Functional Programming
- Relational Database Systems
- Node & NPM
- Linux CLI
- Version Control
- Shibboleth SSO